Tuesday 21 February 2017

1,2,3 - and he is back in the room.

It has been a long clock since I last posted a blog on here. I think perhaps 2012. I deleted 99% of the stuff on here from 2010 on-wards due to a privacy need / period of self doubt. I cannot recall if I wrote anything in 2013 given the transitional nature of my life in 2013. Jobs ending and thus relationships as well as jobs starting. This of course led to bikes coming and bikes going and to be fair to me, I have been in a state of bike flux since then. Until now. Heck, at one point I even announced my retirement to myself but I cannot fight the need / desire to ride my bike, however it comes. So, I am back, riding hard and thus posting and I will endeavour to update this post as and when I ride and then write about the complexities of being an average bike rider, albeit 5 years older and 100 miles further south than when we last spoke on the information superhighway that is the internet. There are times I find blogging self indulgent and other times, a great outlet for my thoughts. A virtual diary. I kept a diary when I was a kid, but my brother violated it and read it - bloody brothers. Still, it had some visceral thoughts about a girl in my class and I was never considered a 'bender' after that. You gotta love the vernacular of teenage boys growing up in the 1980's....

Post to follow- cycling related I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment